Saturday, January 20, 2007
Back onto my Northern Lights project
So about 5 years ago when I split up with my XH, my mum came over to console me, and brought me this BOM project that she had started and lost interest in finishing. Its a Marti Micthell project, and its going to be STUNNING!
Last week I started up again. I was pleased to find I only had 3 blocks to do, and now its only one block left. I did these two over the last week. I'm really happy with them!
I had a few problems with the Star of Fortune. I didn't follow the cutting instructions properly, and ended up muffing one piece of the fabric, so I had to hunt around to find something similar. In the end I had to reverse a couple of colours to have enough fabric to do the whole thing.
Then to make matters worse I cut a triangle in the border on the grain rather than on the bias, so when it came to putting it all together, no go. So unpicking and recutting and resewing. But its all together now, and most of the points match.....
So a couple more sewing days, and I'll be ready to put the whole thing together. OMG - A huge job as its a queen sized sampler quilt. Lots of pins and work there.