Monday, February 11, 2008

First Day at Kindy


My little girl is getting big :)

After much screaming, a terrible nights sleep and lots of protesting, we finally got a relatively happy photo for her first day at the local Montessori kindergarten.

She is doing 3 mornings a week, which is their minimum, so only 9hrs, from 8:30-11:30 Wed, Thurs, Friday.

I wont say I'm happy about it, cause I didn't really want her out of the family home so early, but if I didn't get her in now, they wouldn't have taken her once she turns 3, and apparently the local kinders are backed up too. And they are 4 afternoons a week.

So its the lesser of all evils. And besides - it gives Shane some one on one time with Hamish once I'm back at uni which I think they will both enjoy. He could probably take Hamish to the local music programme by himself, and there would be much enjoyment for both.

So I think she had an OK time. It was tricky with the cast, specially since the toilet paper was on the wrong side for her, and when she got home she had some cut paper in her bag and her name on some paper, and she said - mummy next time you can stay with me please. Awwwwww.

I hope she makes some new friends, cause she really misses all her friends from Oz.

1 comment:

tikki said...

we miss her too:)

i just tagged you on my blog ;)