Saturday, February 2, 2008

Kitchen Cooooool :)

A little while ago I participated in a swap with Woolaholics for kitchen items.
Unfortunately my swapper had some problems getting things to me on time - but thats OK - I'm patient :)

Well today it arrived in the mailbox from Perth, and I ripped it open with the car running.




Bec was wwaaaaaaay too generous, but I love everything.

Firstly there is a gorgeous tea cozy and mat knitted from Jo Sharp Issue 2 in Desert Aran Cotton. She claims to have had some problems with the wool splitting (see her posts on Rav) but I still think its absolutely beautiful - especially whe you see how well it matches and fits my teapot!




My teapot by the way is Temuka pottery (from down near Christchurch). I have quite a few items from this colour range - serving platters, baking dishes and bowls - I love the blue and yellow, so I'm very happy that it all looks so lovely.




Also in this delivery came my KP DPNS from the Yarn Collective sock club. Yay for those :)

And then the lovely woman spolied me. There is a hank of Smooshy Sock Yarn from USA, colourway Night Watch. I love it - thanks Bec. I actually dyed some wool last week in similar colours and thought it was pretty darned nice, and what a shame I was going to have to sell it. Oh well - now I have a nicer replacement :)

And a great book At Knits End from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee from the The Yarn Harlot (Which I read with my market coffee this morning and giggled to myself). Plus a cool needle and gauge gauge - if that makes sense.

So amazing, and I am very appreciative. Thanks Bec! You didn't need to go to such extremes, but you know I love it all.

No comments: