Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mums Scarf



I bought this wool from a market for mum last year, and I've been trying to decide what to knit with it ever since. There was only 85g, and its handspun so there wont be anymore the same. Just the colour was lovely.
So finally I hunted for a scarf pattern. This was the one row scarf pattern, ( http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.html ) I only cast on 18 stitches, and knitted with 8mm needles I think?

Because it was so short, I blocked the buggery out of it, so the pattern is a bit poxy now, but at least it should go around the neck and be able to be fastened with a brooch. It was the 3rd pattern I tried with this wool, nothing else was working for me, and it was using too much wool for any length to be made, so they all got frogged. Needless to say, I'm happy to get this finished!

Happy birthday Mum - It will be sent off in the mail in the next few days.

No comments: